Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Chicken Salad

Chicken Salad is so easy to make and so delicious!  I came up with my own recipe a few summers ago when my husband and I went camping with friends and needed a quick and easy (yet tasty) meal for when we arrived at the campsite.  My friend’s husband was very skeptical because he usually doesn’t care too much for food made with dressings (like mayo).  He tried it and loved it!  Every time they came to visit I made this every time because we all enjoyed it so much!  I even got my family to love it…which can be a hard task at times.  So, here it is.  Very general but great for tweaking to make it your own!

Picnik collage

Chicken Salad

2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cooked and cubed

1 lg. apple (any variety) or 2 small apples cut up

A good handful of grapes, halved or quartered

2 stalks of celery, chopped

A handful of dried cranberries (probably 1/2 – 1 cup)

Mayo, as much as you desire

Mix everything together in a large bowl and refrigerate until chilled.  Serve on bread or crackers.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. oh I love this! i'll definitely try this next week when my kids join Kids Camp! thanks... =)

    ReplyDelete